close button

For medical school admissions

Visit the Office of Admission for info on application process, financial aid, and student life.

For graduate school admissions

Visit the Office of Graduate Education for info on our many doctoral programs and the graduate education application process at the School of Medicine.

close button

Give online

Use our secure online giving form to make your gift to Case Western Reserve University now.

Make a difference

Find out how you can Take Three Steps to make a difference at Case Western Reserve University.

close button

Welcome to campus

Visit Case Western Reserve University's uniquely urban campus, located in the heart of Cleveland's cultural hub, University Circle. Plan your trip:


University Health & Counseling Service / Medical Plans/Disability Insurance

The University Health Service (UHS) provides treatment on an appointment basis for a variety of primary care needs.  Providers within the service include physicians, nurses, and nurse practitioners who staff the ambulatory medicine clinic as well as the various specialty clinics (dermatology, women’s health, allergy, etc.). The service provides comprehensive diagnostic, therapeutic, and educational resources for all registered students.  University Health Service brochures are available by request.

All services and records are confidential. Only the student and the professional staff of the University Health Service have access to the medical records. However, students who will be in patient care areas may be required to provide the hospitals with proof of TB testing, immunizations, and influenza vaccinations (during flu season).

Students can access their UHS health and immunization records at any time by logging into with their Case network ID and password and providing their date of birth. The UHS coordinates with the SOM Office of Student Affairs to provide annual TB testing and influenza vaccinations (during flu season) at the med school at no charge to the medical students. If an immunization, vaccine or TB test was administered somewhere other than UHS, this information should be provided to the University Health Service as soon as possible.

2145 Adelbert Road

More information


University Counseling Services (UCS) offers students help with their personal counseling and behavioral health needs, including individual, couples and group counseling, psychiatric medication management, stress management and recovery support.

The UHC offers a short-term, solution-focused counseling approach, but on occasion, longer term care may be needed for which a referral to professionals in the Cleveland area will be offered. The UHS offices are staffed with psychologists, social workers, and part-time consulting psychiatrists. Most services are provided without cost but some specialty services may require a fee.

Together, these services assist students in their transition to medical school and to changes in their personal and social lives. UCS Staff adhere to strict professional standards of confidentiality, which are essential in developing trust.  They do not disclose any information to any other party (e.g., faculty or parents) without written permission, except at times of imminent danger.

The UCS also offers:

University Counseling Service (UCS)
201 Sears Library Building
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After Hours/Weekends/Holidays Emergencies:
Call 216.368.5872
Follow the prompts to access the university counselor on call

More information


Student and Dependent Medical Plans and Disability Insurance Plan Option After Medical School

All registered students’ are automatically enrolled in the Case Student Medical Plan. The Medical Plan fee is automatically billed each semester (fall and spring) at the time the student registers. Coverage during the spring semester extends through the summer until mid-August. To effectively waive the CWRU Student Medical plan, students must log into the Student Information System (SIS), select ’Waive Optional Fees’ and answer several Yes/No questions regarding their current health insurance Plan. ( Once submitted, waivers are irrevocable for the semester. A brochure is available for an explanation of the Medical Plan coverage. Dependents of students are not eligible for care at the University Health Service. However, the University does offer an Optional Dependent Medical Plan for dependent spouses, domestic partners, and children of students.

Additionally, the medical school provides Student Disability Income Insurance to medical students for four years. After graduation, three local insurance brokers work together to provide students with the option of subscribing to the Med Plus Advantage Disability Income Insurance Plan, sponsored by the American Medical Association, underwritten by Standard Insurance Company.

More information




Published and maintained by the Office of Student Affairs and the Academic Societies
Revised 3/02/17