The Biomedical Graduate Student Organization (BGSO) seeks to unite biomedical graduate students pursuing master's and doctoral
degrees in various biomedical graduate programs in the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, with the ultimate goal of
enriching the student experience and promoting career and professional development.
What We Do
- Promote greater career and professional development
- Promote more interaction between graduates and professionals of the School of Medicine
- Ease the transition into gradute school by creating a "survival guide"
It's your graduate career - why not make sure you get what you want out of it? As a graduate student you can get involved by
becoming a representative for your department, joining a committe, or just coming to monthly meetings. Please email us for more
information or attend our next meeting.
- Hosted the following professional development seminars - "Funding 101: Funding Opportunities for Graduate Students", "Scientific Journalism", "Life as a Forensic
Scientist", "Planning Your Graduate Years and the Individual Development Plan", "A Day in the Life of a Biotech Scientist"
- Hosted three New Student Acclimation Luncheons - "Everything You Need to Know About Research Rotations and Surviving C3MB", "Surviving Grad School", and
"Choosing a Thesis Lab and Department"
- The Community Outreach & Volunteering Committee participated in the following events - Homeless Stand Down 2010 through InterAct Cleveland, School Supplies Drive,
and teaching a DNA Lab to underprivileged girls at an inner city middle school in conjunction with WISER, Women in Science and Engineering Roundtable
- Social events included a party at Howl at the Moon, a pasta dinner social, and group outing to Wicked