The SciVal Experts Getting Started Series features five videos. Watch them to learn more about how you can get started with SciVal Experts today!
- Part I: How do I navigate my profile? Learn how to search by last name, access your list of publications and review your unique research Fingerprint.
- Part II: How can I find experts in a specific concept within my institution? Easily identify collaborators or mentors within your institution by searching by concept of interest.
- Part III: How can I identify similar experts within my institution? Identify experts within your institution who focus on related research by using the Similar Experts feature.
- Part IV: How can I learn about an individual's publication history? Learn about an author's publication history with just a few steps.
- Part V: How can I find the right researchers for a funding opportunity? Find potential collaborators for a funding opportunity by conducting a full text search.
In an effort to promote multi-disciplinary clinical and translational research, the Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative of Cleveland (CTSC) is pleased to introduce SciVal Experts, a directory of researcher expertise that enables collaboration among researchers. This expertise portal is a key component of the Clinical and Translational Science Collaborative of Cleveland's mission to catalyze new knowledge and discovery to enhance and improve patient care and promote better health in the community.
What is SciVal Experts?
SciVal Experts is a subscription tool used to identify CTSC faculty and other biomedical experts and their publications by areas of expertise. Designed to facilitate faculty research and project collaboration, the information in SciVal Experts is based on publications indexed in the Scopus database (which includes all data available from PubMed), as well as NIH awarded grant data. It is a tool to assist researchers:
- Identify if there is an investigator who focuses on similar work
- Assemble multidisciplinary teams to pursue translational and collaborative research projects/funding opportunities
- Find a mentor
- Awareness of new faculty and other researchers who might be working in a related science area
SciVal Experts formerly known as Collexis is a resource for hard-to-find information critical to scientific research and other projects across all disciplines. It provides knowledge management and research networking to facilitate and ultimately increase collaboration.
- SciVal Experts uses fingerprint technology to provide researchers with the ability to understand and utilize the expertise across their institution - both at an individual and departmental level.
- Aggregating individual fingerprints across organizational units allows for the organization to know what individuals know and what groups know together.
- What new publications have been produced?
- What trends have emerged over time?
- Who is working together?
- With what other organizations are we collaborating, both internal and external?
- What do we know?
What makes SciVal Experts unique?
- Fingerprint technology exposes connections among researchers
- Researcher profiles are pre-populated with publication data from SciVerse Scopus, the world's largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources
- Manual review process ensures accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date profiles
- Requires little to no input by faculty or research groups
- Valuable for personnel throughout an organization
- User friendly interface
- Additional data can be added to the profiles and updated
The CTSC is committed to using innovative research tools and information technologies to promote collaboration.