Population Health & Outcomes Research
The core is focused on developing capacity to conduct population-based and outcomes research using population-based databases.
- Services available for research involving population-based databases include:
- Advice and assistance to researchers on appropriate study design and data source(s).
- Access to appropriate database(s) and obtain the necessary data users' agreements and IRB approvals.
- Analytic support to carry out the study.
- Databases available through Core's Archive:
- Ohio Medicaid enrollment and claim forms (1991-2008)
- The Cancer Aging Linked Database (1997-2001)
- The Health and Retirement Study
- Hospital Discharge data
- National Inpatient Sample (NIS) databases (1988-2007)
- State Inpatient Databases (SID) for various states/years
- Linked data from the Ohio Department of Mental Health (ODMH) and death certificate data (2004-2007)