Biomedical Research Informatics Management
A core group of clinical research technical leaders, informaticists, information technology specialists, and others from each of the five CTSC Partner Institutions provide and manage shared IT and informatics resources that make effective implementation of the entire program possible. These include a wide array of services, such as computerized tools, systems, underlying connectivity, and computer security required to support the multi-faceted clinical and translational research undertaking.
This Core Resource is focused on short-, mid-, and long-term goals to serve the administrative needs of the CTSC, to improve and expand investigator and research data management support, and to develop and manage federated data repository and information sharing research portals across local institutions and nationally. A sampling of the comprehensive services they provide:
- The CTSC public website, listservs, teleconference serves, meeting scheduling, web demonstrations, online survey development
- Technical evaluations and recommendations for research projects, research data management support, connections to free or low-cost or highly customized research application and database systems, and assistance finding IT and informatics tools or expertise across the national clinical and translational science initiative.
- Access to various local systems, data, knowledge and experts in: electronic medical records systems (EpiCare at Cleveland Clinic and MetroHealth), clinical trial management systems (Velos and Oncore), biospecimen repositories
- Cooperative policy and data sharing agreement among the partner institutions
- Referrals to outside research organizations (i.e. NIH, NCRR, caBIG), standards development organization (i.e. CDISC, HL7), or professional associations (i.e. AMIA, HIMSS, Clinical Research Forum).
Core Resource Leadership
- Martin Harris, MD, MBA, Executive Director
- GQ Zhang, PhD, Co-Director
- David Kaelber, MD, Co-Director
- John Sharp, Co-Director
Operations IT Lead
Clinical Research Unit Technical Assistance