**Please check back often for updates.**
- June 27th: Please activate your Case Network ID following instructions on your iApply page, then send an e-mail to David.Pilasky@case.edu verifying that you have activated the account. You will need your Case Network ID active when you attend your computer orientation session. If you have not signed up for a computer orientation session yet, please do so soon.
- June 22nd: If you are planning on shipping your laptop to us and want it in time for the start of classes, our deadline for receiving them is July 2nd, 2 weeks before the start of classes. Start making shipping plans. If you do not think you can make the deadline, then just bring your laptop when you come to Case. We'll get it set up and ready for you by the end of the week of July 16th.
- June 12th: It looks like the new MacBook Pros that Apple announced yesterday will not ship until early July. They will be shipping from China, so plan on them taking 5-7 days to arrive at your shipping location. Since this is so close to the start of classes and outside of our 2 week before the start of classes limit, there is little chance that we will have them set up in time for the start of classes. You can have them shipped to your home, or here to Case. If you decide to ship them to Case, PLEASE do the following, so that your laptop does not get lost or confused with all of the other laptops we will be receiving in the next few weeks:
- Send an e-mail to David.Pilasky@case.edu and provide the Order Number and FedEx or UPS Tracking Number.
- Use the following shipping address:
David (insert your inititals here) Pilasky
CWRU School of Medicine, Rm E-406
2210 Circle Dr.
Cleveland, OH 44106
- June 11th: For those of you who have decided to wait for either of Apple's new MacBook Pro models, you will have to purchase it on your own.
- We will not be able to process the orders, receive them and get the laptops set up in time for classes. You will need to have Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise installed on your laptop. You can either purchase it yourself or purchase through us ($140.64). The following items are optional, but can be ordered through us; external hard drive ($97.00), and security cable ($36.03). The encryption software license ($37.00) is required and we will add that to your tuition regardless. The backpack and mouse are part of the package that we order with the laptop, so if you want those, you will have to purchase them on your own. We can get a 4 year limited warranty on Apple laptops. You can only purchase a 3 year warranty. We do not charge any extra fees for setting up a laptop that you purchase vs one you order through us. The only real requirements are Windows 7 Enterprise and the encryption software license.
- If you experience a delay in your order, you probably will not have a laptop for classes. Please understand, we have aÂ limitedÂ number ofÂ loanerÂ laptopsÂ available for when a student's laptop breaks and students who purchase through the school get first call on them.
- If you purchase on your own, please ship your laptop to us at least 2 weeks before the start of classes,Â and we will have it set up for you.Â OnlyÂ shipÂ us the laptop and the Windows 7 Enterprise CD (if you purchase that on your own). We do not need the power adapter or any other accessories. Include a note in the box with your name and contact information.Â If you do not ship it to us before the 2 week deadline, just bring it when you come to Case. Just understand that it will not be set up in time for the start of classes and could take up to a week to complete.
- OurÂ shippingÂ addressÂ is:
- Â David Pilasky
Â Administrative Computing, Rm E-406
Â CWRU School of Medicine
Â 2210 Circle Dr.
Â Cleveland, OH 44106
- June 11th: Apple announced new models of MacBook Pros today. The new MacBook Pro with Retina display does not have built-in ethernet. You must purchase an Ethernet Adapter along with your laptop. You will need it for taking exams. The new standard MacBook Pro does have built-in ethernet, so if you get this model, you'll be fine.
- June 11th: Apple is most likely going to announce new laptops during the keynote speech at the WWDC conference today at 1:00pm EST. We are suspending ordering of new Apple laptops on the iApply website until after the announcement this afternoon.
- June 1st: Some students have had trouble finding the website for registering for the Computer Orientation sessions.
- May 30th: The first batch of laptops will be ordered today. We will continue to order laptops on a weekly basis until classes start. The website for registering for Computer Orientation sessions is now open. We have two additional 7:30AM sessions that will be opened up after we get a better sense of what the laptop (Dell vs Apple) mix will be. A number of students have mentioned problems with the iApply website. The Programmer looked at the site and could not identify any problems. Please make sure that you are using Internet Explorer, as that might help.
- May 22nd: Information on the iPad opportunity was sent via e-mail.
- May 21st: Information on the iPad opportunity will be out today or tomorrow.
- May 9th: The Notebook Comparison page is up to date, and now includes the prices. The iApply page for ordering should be online shortly. More information about the iPad Pilot program will be coming soon.
- April 30th: The Notebook Comparison page is up to date, except for the prices. We are waiting on quotes for the external hard drives and security cables. Updated the FAQ page with a note about rumors on a possible new line of Apple MacBook Pros.
- End of March: Beginning negotiations with Apple & Dell on laptop models and prices.
- March: Beginning to gather information on Laptops for Class of 2016.
If you are wondering what your future
classmates are buying, see below.
Current confirmed orders as of: June 27, 2012
Dell Latitude E6420
Dell Latitude E6520
MacBook Pro 13"
MacBook Pro 15"
Interested in the iPad Opportunity
Before selecting a laptop, PLEASE review our policy comparison table, timeline and especially the FAQ page.
Or follow the Laptop link (top-right Tab) on your iApply page.
Be the first to get news updates and announcements from Administrative Computing. We will not spam you.
Class of 2016 Info