Desktop Backup Pricing
The Office of Administrative Computing is pleased to offer the following tape backup pricing for departments in the Medical School, as of April 2010.
For desktops and workstations, we try to limit the amount of data backed up to around 10GB, with 30GB at the limit.
The cost for this service will be $50/year per computer with a support contract or $100/year per computer without a support contract.
If you need more than that backed up, please refer to our server backup pricing page.
- Desktop backup tapes will not be overwritten for at least 3 months.
- Backups will occur Mon-Sat as part of the noon schedule or evening schedule.
- Computers that are not on the campus network will not be backed up--laptops will need to be attached to the wired network or else will be skipped on any days they're not reachable by the backup server.
- Full backups (all data) will be performed on the 1st Monday-Saturday day of each month.
- Subsequent backups during the month will only comprise files changed since the last backup.
- For more information: contact David Pilasky